thing five presentation videos


Presentations

I have used screen-cast before for both work and rudai23 in 2015 so I wanted to give powtoon a try. It reminded me somewhat of a flash media creator with the time line and animated options.   

There are a few different options to chose from you can start from scratch, you can follow a set story board, or you can choose a template. These give you a great start for your presentation. I had a try of the story board and it was good giving lots of different backgrounds for your slides and allowing you to adapt them. it also gives you what it calls different structures These are various styles to suit audiences education, work or personal.  By using these method you could create a presentation quite quickly.

The method I went for though was the create from scratch option. It gives you greater control over your project. As this was my first one I just wanted to create something simple so I went with advice for presentations. 

I chose the whiteboard style as I liked the animation here it was not as mad colourful or cartoony. I could have slowed down the animation but I wanted a fairly short video but I like how you can control the speed of slide to slide movement. I also like how you can have different timings for the writing and animation in each slide.

Powtoon I is easy to use being similar to other presentation packages like power point but may take a bit longer to get familiar with. 

Problems 

I had some difficulty getting the video to embed in my blog. The code needed refused to transfer over into this blog. Eventually after a number of tries it succeeded in getting it to work. Access powtoon on mobile phones proved difficult as most of the page didn't show up on my screen.   

If the video fails to play it can be accessed on youtube here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing three Image Banks

Thing six Reflective Practice

Thing 20 Advocacy and Engagement