Thing four Communicating Visually

Photofunia etc 

Until recently I used to own a windows phone. The selection of apps for windows was always poor but when it became apparent that microsoft were never going to compete against Apple or Android developers stopped updating or just never created apps for windows. The whole apps thing because passed me by even yet I only have ones for public transport or texting. 

This "Thing" really interested me as I got to explore a few mobile apps that I would never normally have looked at.  

The first one I looked at was photofunia I enjoyed using it and thought it was good fun. I created one for my nephew as a Sith Lord as he is a massive Star Wars fan and he loved it.  There was a massive amount of different styles of effects on offer from movies to art galleries.  Though I used for fun I can see how it could be used to promote events with eye-catching visuals ad special effects. Adding a jpeg of a flyer to the worker putting a billboard size version is a good way of getting attention. 

Keeping with my food theme I created one below of a poster will chillies currently growing in my front porch.



I have also tried Quik I went to Clonmacnoise today and took some photos of the windows and doorways. I then used quik to make a short video. I found easy to use and fairly straight forward. The only thing I didn't really like was the music selection and it needs a good strong wifi or a lot of data as mine took a while to be ready to share and it crashed before it did.  I also couldn't see where I could delete the video if I wanted. 







The things I liked about Quik is that it can make fast attractive videos of pretty much anything you wish by stringing together photographs. You can also string together videos in a similar way and create a longer film. Subtext can be added through the use of titles and captions. I have put this up on my you.tube channel for people to see search under rudai23 and hopefully it will be appear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing three Image Banks

Thing six Reflective Practice

Thing 13 Reflective Practice